For Yoga practice to be effective it needs to be
1. From an Authentic Yoga Tradition
2. Under the guidance / initiation of a qualified teacher
3. Regular and long term practice
4. In a pre-set, stepwise (Vinyasa) and Repetitive manner
5. Small, gradual and sustained changes in practice.
There are only a handful of yoga styles that follow the above aspects strictly.
Ashtanga Yoga or Ashtanga Vinyasa is one such practice. The practical details of Ashtanga Yoga practice are to be found in Maha Yogi Vamana’s Yoga korunta. This approach was preserved and passed on by one of Modern India’s revered Yogi Shri T. Krishnamacharya. Ashtanga Yoga today is kept alive largely by the perseverance of Late Shri K. Pattabhi Jois and KPJAYI, Mysore.
Ashtanga Yoga is rightly called so because of its systematic engagement with the Body, Breath and Mind. It involves an age-old proven training methods for the three.
Ashtanga Yoga has the following features that are strictly adhered to
1. Has 6 series divided into – Yoga Chikitsa, Nadishodhana and Sthira Baaga-A,B,C,D.
2. Each of these needs to be practiced with Vinyasa and Tristhana
3. Vinyasa – synchronised pre-set body movements with Breath, to get in, be in & get out of Asanas
4. Tristhana – The coordination and synchronising of Asana – Ujjayi – Dristi
5. The Asanas are always practiced in a predetermined sequence / order.
Ashtanga Yoga sessions at a1000yoga
Regular Ashtanga Yoga sessions of Primary Series – Mysore practice. Admission to Ashtanga Yoga sessions at a1000yoga, Indiranagar are strictly for eligible and serious students of yoga. A student’s Interest in practice is not the only eligibility, nor is paying up the fee. Please meet our counsellors for approval before registration.
- Students once approved need to commit to a minimum of 3 months of practice.
- Regular Attendance is mandatory.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sundays are Mysore Practice sessions.
- Fridays are Led sessions.
- Saturdays and Moon days are holidays.
- Ladies, please rest during Menstrual cycle
- No trial or dropin sessions entertained.
- Wear only cotton clothing for practice
Time: Mysore practice – Morning: 6:00 – 8:00 AM, late morning – 11:00 -12:30 PM, Monday – Friday
Venue: a1000yoga Indiranagar, No.42, HAL III Stage, 80 ft rd,
Landmark: Above Vijaya Bank, Opp Empire Restaurant/BSNL Office
Indiranagar, Bangalore 560 065
To know more, call us on 9019101000
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org