2017 is a year for progress. Many of us have been practitioners, but have never experienced any real change or development in our life. To attain the fulfilment, wholeness and completeness of yoga, resolve to observe the following points in the coming year:
- Sincerity in practice: to think and live yoga, to make yoga a part of our lifestyle, just as eating and sleeping are a part. Yoga is a way of life not just a practise to be done for half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening, and then forgotten.
- Discipline of the Inner being: to observe our emotional, mental, rational and irrational actions, reactions and interactions and thereby develop self-discipline. Only then can we experience real freedom. Discipline is not an imposition of rules. Rules are only guidelines, but through them we learn to observe ourselves.
- Inner strength: to achieve self-discipline, inner strength is necessary. We cannot attain the fulfilment of yoga in our life if we are loose and undisciplined within ourselves, if we follow the sway of the mind. We must be very strong and for acquiring inner strength, ashram life especially in Munger, is helpful. A regulated life is necessary to discipline and to focus the internal being.
- Purity of intention: the intention, the goal of life, has to be pure and clear then only can we progress towards it. If our intention is not pure, all of our efforts in spiritual life will be futile.
- Consistent lifestyle: our lifestyle should be based on spiritual principles, not on the whims of the mind. If we live according to the whims of the mind, we will wake up at 8 am and have tea in bed. That is a lethargic lifestyle. To reach for the fulfilment of yoga our lifestyle must be conducive to our mental, emotional and spiritual growth..
These are the 5 points which can help you is in the coming year in order to experience the wholeness and fulfilment of yoga and realise the ultimate purpose of our life.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year
Paramahamsa Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
- Iyengar Workshop – February 18th and 19th
- Doshas and Pranayama Workshops – 25th February
- Yoga Natya Workshop – February 3rd (Attakkalari Biennial)
- The Holistic Huddle – February 11th (Koramangala & JP Nagar Studios)
- Yoga Natya Teacher Training Certification – February 13th (Play Practice)
- Yoga Natya Teacher Training Certification – February 24th (a1000yoga South Campus – JP Nagar)
- Yin Yoga – March 6th (a1000yoga East Campus – Whitefield)
- The Holistic Huddle – March 11th (Indiranagar & Whitefield Studios)
- Pranayama Workshop 25th March – 27th (a1000yoga Central Campus – Indiranagar)
- Yogaarambh 200 Hrs – April 3rd (a1000yoga Central Campus – Sumeru – Indiranagar)
- Yogaarambh 200 Hrs – April 3rd (a1000yoga East Campus – Whitefield)
- Prenatal (RPYT) – April 24th (a1000yoga South Campus – JP Nagar)
- Diwali Celebrations: Lighting a 1000 lamps across our studios and in our practitioners’ homes over Diwali 2016. All a1000yoga studios across Bangalore participated in the Festival of Lights collectively to bring in festive warmth.
- 30th Graduation Ceremony: The 50th batch of our graduating teachers were awarded their certificates in the presence of their families, friends and well-wishers, along with the faculty and staff of a1000yoga and our Chief Guests Dr. Prakash Kini of Cloudnine Hospitals and sitarist Shri Nikhil Patwardhan.
- Creating a 1000 smiles : 48 lesser privileged children’s Christmas wishes were fulfilled and the day saw many smiling faces and hearts at the VR Mall on December 11th as a part of the annual Make-a-Wish drive. a1000yoga teachers, alumni, staff, family and friends all came together to reach out and light up the faces of these little tots.
- Festive Cheer: Christmas cheer was spread all over the studios, and in a special edition, Secret Santa made waves with our Corporate Office team.
- New Beginnings Yoga Retreat : At ECC Whitefield between 26th to 28th Jan 2017, led by Principal teacher and Founder of a1000yoga, Pradeep Sattwamaya. The retreat covered activities like Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Shatkarmas, Theory session, Group activities, and much more. There were a total of 25 members who participated in this Retreat.
- Road to Unmaad 2017 : An event organised by IIM-B in association with a1000yoga, had about 100 people coming in to the JP Nagar Studio on the 14th of Jan, and each of them were taught the Surya Namskara practice were given prizes on learning the Asana Names, sequence and the philosophy of the Sun Salutation practice.
Teachers Speak :
Class Style: Sivananda, Hatha, Core Hatha, APM
Get to know our teachers better! This month, we speak with Nishara who has graced the banners and posters of a1000yoga studios and is perhaps one of our most recognised teachers!
What led you to take up teaching yoga? I always knew there was a teacher in me J And yoga just happened.
When you aren’t teaching yoga, you like to…. travel!!
What is that unique quality that connects you with your practitioners? I guess it is my warmth and openness.
A book that made a difference / music that never fails to move you…. The Kite Runner… and music… I love all kinds of music.
A favourite quote ….. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
A personal challenge you overcame through yoga.. I used to have severe breathing trouble with I overcame with yoga and pranayama.
What inspires you? Hard working, dedicated people inspire me.
Your 2017 resolution: Santosha, being content.
Any advice to practitioners to commit / recommit themselves to their practice in the New Year?Find a goal and work towards it with commitment.