Why do we need yoga at work place?
More and more companies are waking up to the idea of providing a healthy environment for the employees. All the top organizations realize the benefits of a stress free work force. It is easier for the employees to practice at the office, as it is increasingly difficult for them to take out time out of office.
Yoga gives the employees a tool to stay productive and fit. A good yogic regime gives pain free body, a stress free mind, clear thinking and a positive outlook.
Benefits of yoga for the company?
Companies are realizing that yoga is helping cut operating costs. As yoga helps in reducing sick leaves, increased productivity and a better team environment.
- Stress at jobs costs billions of dollars at multinational organizations through absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover, direct medical, legal and insurance fees. (The American institute of stress)
- Stress is the direct cause of most doctor visits
- Recent studies indicate that companies save 3$-6$ on investing 1$ in well-designed yoga programs.
- Companies spend 14000$ per employee per year on medically related productivity losses. (CorSolutions inc.)
Yoga is an organic way to health which can be used to achieve better motivated and healthy workforce. It’s a low cost and innovative way to reduce stress at workplace and promote well-being. A company’s performance depends on their key assets which is their employees.
Benefits of yoga for the employees?
- Makes the employees calm and more responsive than reactive
- More aware of surroundings and better team players
- Less sick leaves and work related aches, pains and absenteeism
- Positive outlook and better choice related to lifestyle
What is the duration of a class?
A regular yoga program at office should be a 60 minute class. The duration of a class depends on the course on offer also. Our flagship program (APM) is a 60 minute class keeping in mind the time commitment of employees at work. Yogic practices which require less time durations are covered under corporate workshops.
How many days a week do we need classes? How much space is required?
You have to choose the days of week that suit you. Employees need 2 days a week with the instructor and 1 day on their own to practice. Depending on the no. of employees that take up a course the space needs to be ascertained. Each person needs slightly more space than a yoga mat, 6-8 feet by 3 feet.
What is the ideal time to practice?
Ideal time to practice is whenever one is empty stomach. This could be before lunch or in the evening before leaving for home. There should be a gap of 2 hours from your previous meal, which should be not very heavy.
Do our employees need yoga experience to practice at office?
Even absolute beginners can participate in our classes. You do not have to have any experience with yoga to come to class.
What are the things employees need to carry for a class?
Each person will need their own yoga mat, which they can purchase almost anywhere for between 500/- to 2000/-. Mats last several years and are durable and easy to take care of. Loose comfortable clothing is required to practice and a towel at the end of the class is handy.