a1000yoga is an honest effort in bringing together the knowledge and practice of yoga for the sake of appreciation, transformation & propagation. The founders, saw the need for thorough professionalism in teaching yoga. Funds raised from passionate Angel Investors gave life to this idea, a1000yoga’s first Yoga Studio in Koramangala in June 2011. The operation of a1000yoga, a proprietary of Due North Yoga, is run by HYPA trust.
Our Vision: bringing back yoga, to experience true, complete, sustained Happiness.
Our mission: We are passionate and dedicated in setting up a center for high quality yoga education and an organized network of premier wellness studios to make a meaningful difference in one’s life; delivering reliable & consistent quality of yogic & life affirming practices.
‘a1000yoga’ – the name: The number 1000 is of archetypal importance in eastern sciences. The Sahasrara chakra, represented by a 1000 petal lotus, is the highest level of consciousness that any human form can attain in their life on earth. Yoga practices facilitate Actualization of this highest consciousness, in a systematic and safe manner.
1000 is also of great significance in eastern studies as Patanjali, the compiler of Yoga Sutras, is known to be Sahasra Sirasam Svetam, one with a thousand white heads (signifying enlightenment), an incarnation of Adisesha, the divine serpent.
Another significance of the name a1000 yoga is the principle of bringing together different styles/schools of yoga under one roof. This is in accordance with our firm belief that people are unique and their needs are unique. Yoga practice has to be tailor made to meet individual needs. there are a 1000 yogas and there’s one just right for you…
Pradeep Sattwamaya (Deep)
Founder and Principal Teacher
had the blessed opportunity to be accepted as a disciple by his guru, Paramhamsa Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati ( In the lineage of Shri Adi Shankara, Swami Sivananda, Swami Satyananda ). Pradeep spend two full years imbibing and living yoga at Gangadarshan, a Yoga gurukula along the banks of river Ganga in Bihar. He has now completed first 12 year phase of discipleship.
Under Shri Pattabi Jois’ AYRI, Bangalore, he gained clarity of the nuances of Ashtanga Yoga – primary Series. His Iyengar Yoga training was under Shri Arun, Bangalore, a direct disciple of Shri BKS Iyengar of Pune, India.
Pradeep is an engineering graduate by education, entrepreneur by vocation, and a Hata yogi by samskara. He draws immensely from his past experiences, a wealth of knowledge specific to Yoga, Ayurveda and Indian philosophies, bringing into each engagement an Authentic and a holistic approach.
He started practicing yoga as a seven year old, learning classical asanas from his father and later devoted full time to studying yoga, graduating M.Sc. program in Yogic sciences (from the world’s first yoga university, Bihar Yoga Bharati, Munger, India, with a university gold medal).
He has been teaching yoga in Mysore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, and Hyderabad and is adept at Bihar, Iyengar and Ashtanga schools of yoga. Pradeep currently heads a1000yoga and facilitates teacher training courses at the 200 hour, 500 hour levels and specialization yoga courses for Prenatal, Sports and Children. He has been training and mentoring over 1000 budding yoga teachers since 2006.
Pradeep believes and practices “Yoga for Yoga” .
How is a1000yoga different?
1. Trusted and proven yogic values and principles guide us through all phases of our business.
2. All our teachers are practicing yogis themselves. Knowledge of yoga can only be gained by personal practice called SADHANA; this is one thing all our teachers vouch for and strive to maintain through the ups and downs in life.
3. All our teachers are highly professional and trained in how to TEACH along with a strong understanding of the practice, its anatomy, physiology and right application. a1000yoga’s principal teacher’s guidance, regular training and continuing education, and a large yoga resource help the teachers grow in knowledge and experience.
4. Our teachers are updated with new trends in modern day yoga through workshops and through guest teachers visiting us from across the world.
5. Our internationally experienced principal teacher programs the entire schedule and guide yoga teachers to be the best.
6. a1000yoga strongly believes in the integration of Ayurveda and yoga for the best results. Our well-qualified yoga counselors will help you figure out the best kind of yoga, the right frequency and the most effective diet and lifestyle changes.
7. Many styles of yoga like HOT YOGA are a first to Bangalore. Ideal for Bangalore’s dry weather, hot yoga helps remove toxins through profuse sweating and helps lose weight in the safest of ways; the warm temperature keeps the muscles and joints injury free.
8. Practitioners have freedom to choose slots that suit them best. Our counselors and teachers put in extra effort to encourage practitioners to be regular and never waste sessions that they have paid for.
Join our team
If you are passionate about yoga, an expert in your chosen career and would like to explore interesting and challenging opportunities with us, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To teach at a1000yoga you should be a1000yoga RYT-200 / 300 graduate.
Foreign nationals can volunteer to teach or should have a valid work-visa to teach in India.